Monday, January 6, 2014

Pledge an Act of Softness with Kleenex

Today is the 4th day for the brand new year. Schools have started and I am happy to see both kids are doing good.

As I look back 2013 might not be a smooth year for myself  and I literally didn't live up to my New Year's resolution from last year. But I am certainly blessed to have my family that keeps on motivates me.

I don't have any new year resolution and yet to discover what I would like to have happen in my life this year. Amongst the hustle and bustle of today's busy society, we often tend to over commit ourselves by wanting to do just about everything and be everywhere at the same time, juggling between work, peers, family and 'me' time. If we are often not making it to get-together, family outings, movie dates and the list goes on, then are we getting into the habit of making empty promises a tad too often? 

It is better to step up and turn things around today by making a pledge on the Kleenex Wall of Softness- a bold new reminder that even small gestures mean a great deal to the people in your life.


Spend some time and share the softness with your loved ones today.


 Pledge an act of softness to a special someone, fulfill that pledge and stand a chance to win a holiday worth RM5,000 





Joining Kleenex® to spread acts of softness by making the very first pledges on the Kleenex® Wall of Softness are local celebrities – philanthropist and World Vision’s Child’s Rights advocate Deborah Henry and award-winning actress Sharifah Amani. 






The Kleenex® Softness Store has been moving around Klang Valley to reach out to the public, advocating the importance of showing love and care with just a simple act of softness. To encourage the act of softness, the first 500 participants who visits the Kleenex® Softness Store would be able to walk away with Kleenex® tissues by just pledging their act of softness on-the-spot.

My husband was the first one who pledge his act in the family.

He received a Kleenex box the other day  that was the time I was in the hospital :(

Long story cut short, he unwrap everything and sent me this picture :


I told him I wanted the Kleenex tissue and the pillow. I complaint to him how hard the pillow in the hospital and the tissue quality in the hospital is very poor.

The Kleenex box to which my hubby really delivery everything to the hospital for me right after I text him. He hardly say how much he love me BUT a simple action like this would melt my heart. 

 His pledge and it has been full filled.

Upon my discharge I happily went home and after few days of enough rest I did something for my birthday boy. He is a January boy.

My pledge for Heng Heng :

 My pledge

I spent the weekend cutting, pasting and tie the strings. Not an easy task but I did enjoy it very much.

I am one satisfy mummy when I see his happy face.


 Yan Yan also did her part :  I will bring Chubby go to the park every weekend.

 Yan Yan with Chubby at the park. Look at Chubby and Yan Yan contented expression on the faces.

 All our pledges were made and fulfilled *happy*.


The Kleenex® Share the Softness campaign will run from 20 November 2013 till 15 January 2014 and aims to achieve 5,000 pledges, upon which Kleenex® will spread the softness to the underprivileged children of the Fugee School with a cash donation of RM10,000. Through this campaign, Malaysians will be reminded to bring softness into each other’s lives, and also to the lives of needy children in the Fugee School, a non-profit charity organisation that provides basic education to refugee children from Somalia.

“Fugee School is a cause that is very dear to my heart,” said Deborah Henry. “I believe very strongly that we can all make a positive difference in the lives of others hence the Kleenex® Share the Softness campaign is a wonderful way to show our love for others.”


( photo courtesy from Kleenex facebook page)

 Kleenex have just 1,513 pledges more to collect before reaching our goal of 5000! You can do your part by pledging your act at www.facebok.com/Kleenex.Malaysia.

My family and I love the #kleenexsoftness pledge campaign. I do hope you spare your time to pledge an act of softness to your family and your loved ones, actions do speak louder than words.

1 comments:

Small Kucing said...

this is a good pledge :)