Saturday, February 25, 2012

Learning Mandarin

Ving Yan is going to primary one next year. We have registered her in a Chinese medium school. I think it is time to brush up on her Mandarin.  As a tuition teacher for Chinese primary school, I don't know if I can become my daughter's tuition teacher just like how I teach other children. There is always people telling me that it is very hard to teach own kids and most parents rather pay to hire a tutor though the parents themselves have the qualification to teach their own children.

Somehow I get a chance to become Ving Yan's Mandarin teacher since February. Two parents from her previous kindy contacted me and they are actually looking for  an enrichment class for their kids to learn Mandarin. Both the kids are from English speaking family and the parents know nothing about Mandarin. Since the two kids are Ving Yan's ex-classmates so I suggested to let Ving Yan and Ving Heng join the class and we have the class to be held at my place.

Everyone is fine and there we get the class fix on every Saturday and started our first lesson on 4th Feb. It went smooth and within 1.5 hours time we  have covered rules for the class, story telling session, learning new words, singing Mandarin songs and do some writing. We even have a break for snack time. I get feedback from one parent after the first lesson. She told me her son enjoyed the class and he is able to speak some simple Mandarin after the first lesson like 我要上厕所 (I want to go toilet ), 我要喝水 ( I want to drink water).

 We have done for 3 classes so far  I am so impress with their progress. 4 of them are doing so well in reading the flash cards I prepared and up to date they have learn about 40 words. Ving Heng being the youngest in the class also able to read the words. Good thing is Ving Yan and Ving Heng like to read the cards everyday. This show how much they love to learn from 'teacher mummy'

When they were still small I actually conducted tuition class at home but ended up I have to change the class to one of my student's house because they disturbed mummy and I could not focus to teach and the other children also get distracted easily. So now I am very glad that my children are so well behaved and I think they are probably happy to get to learn together with peers.

These are the words we learned so far.

I also get them to do writing except Ving Heng
That is all about the learning Mandarin class. We do more update next time.

20 comments:

ChloeRuoyi said...

How I wish we are staying nearby... I will definitely send Chloe to you for Mandarin tuition :)

yvonne said...

So good that mommy can teaches both VY and VH mandarin, start at young age :)

Your kids are well behaved and manage to follow the class with concentration too.

Ganbatte!!

wenn said...

go to learn mandarin

LittleLamb said...

can i send P to you? heehheh

アンゼエリン said...

Moon, can you be my son Mandarin tuition tutor? Hahaha...so far away if not I'll let my son join in.

I know nothing about Mandarin too. I just used back his kindie exercise book to do revision with him. practice alot in writing too..

Mommy to Chumsy said...

sigh..why lah you cannot become ashley's tuition teacher :(

Little Kit Boy said...

yes...totally agree. 'teacher mummy' is not easy cos I'm also doing daily revision with my boy but not mandarin as I'm a banana myself.

VY and VH are so good.

MeRy said...

Oh......if I stay in KL..sure will get Ryan to attend your class and of course,being a Banana (for myself), I may want to learn too.

Ann said...

wow...that's great. You accept more students? I can send my son to you too? :)

Vickylow said...

Is that VY writing? It's very nice and neat.

Sheoh Yan said...

Well, this is a good start for your kids and yourself. Well done, Mummy Moon.

Mummy to QiQi said...

wah...din know u are a mandarin language teacher!

anney said...

This is such a fun and educational event!

Yee Ling said...

Wow...that's impressive! Keep up the good work.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Good job to you! Now that you are a tutor, are you still selling clothes online?

Mummy Moon said...

@ChloeRuoyi , nvm, I believe there are many good tutors around your place :)

Mummy Moon said...

@Littlelamb, anybody is welcome to join, but this mandarin class is full house jor , total now is 5 students dy, cant be too big group..

Mummy Moon said...

Barb, So sorry about it, the timing matters :(

Mummy Moon said...

@Health Freak Mom, me all the while is teaching and the online selling ladies clothes was so fun only :) Me and Mummy Gwen are too busy and stopped running the busniess dy :)

MommyAngel said...

Wah .... learn so many words already!! Her writing is very neat!