Saturday, November 26, 2011

First Time Making Pancake

We made our first pancake at home the other day. I got a recipe from Yan Yan previous preschool principal. In fact I asked the principal to gave me the recipe because Yan Yan likes the pancake prepared by the preschool so much. I was supposed to try it at home but no plan until this school holiday has started and I am more free by now. Yan Yan was rather excited about the making.


The recipe :

flour - 300g
sugar - 3 table spoon
butter - 1 table spoon
egg - 2
baking powder - 2 table spoon
condense milk - 6 table spoon ( I substitute HL low fat milk 150-200ml for the condense milk )
salt
water

Steps:-

1) mix the eggs,sugar,butter,milk and baking powder
2) slowly mix the flour and water.
3) Keep for 2 hours and cook it. ( I didn't get to keep for two hours as the kids kept making noise and can't wait to eat )

Lucky the turn out is YUMMY!

The batter which I got some help from Yan Yan and the hubby.


 I tried to cook one pancake first, because I was not sure if the battle is well prepared or not ( the amount of flour that I put was not as accurate as the recipe ). My first ever pancake tastes very good so I proceeded to cook the rest.

The little helper finally get to wait for her turn to cook. See her happy face. She was there with me the entire process. She kept offering to help, from breaking the eggs, pouring the ingredients to mixing the battle. She was by my side when I cook the pancake. Se wanted to try to cook as well. So I let her to try to cook on the last spoon of battle. She poured the battle into the pan and waited a while. Later she told me she could not turn it to the other side.


The pancakes

Served with steam apple cubes. We had some pancakes with honey as well.

16 comments:

Em's Family said...

Yummy!!! i will try one fine day, once when i get the mood to bake again!!!

wenn said...

woo..yummy!

[pinkc00kies] said...

try topping it with peanut butter <3

アンゼエリン said...

Not bad looks yummy.

MeRy said...

Yummy.....I have not been making pancake for very long time. Recently I am addicted to sponge cake.

Hayley said...

Nice try!
Pancakes are easy to make and they are simply delicious!

ChloeRuoyi said...

Looks very moist and yummy! So ngam, I just made pancakes a few days ago too :)

Iriene said...

Wow, very successful first time baked, congrats :)
It turns out very well...
I also want to try,tks!

Nish said...

yummy and delicious look ! good job
Indian Fashion

Pete said...

Nice pancakes, like them with maple syrup....yum!

Serene said...

My kids love pancake too, I usually bought the ready mixed flour.

Mummy Gwen said...

Your 1st attempt looks so nice. I have never made pancakes before. Thanks for the recipe. :)

Vickylow said...

Very nice I will try this one day :)

prince n princess mum said...

Yummy!~

Sheoh Yan said...

Your homemade pancakes look very good.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

I wanna try making this..

Thanks for sharing the recipe.