Sunday, October 16, 2011

Look Who Likes Sushi

She is none other than my sushi girl, Yan Yan. I have forgotten when she was first treated with sushi and when she started to fall in love with sushi. But her first love is tamagoyaki sushi. This can be explained because she loves to eat eggs a lot!

After a few times of visiting the sushi restaurants, she gets more exposes. Slowly her  favorite sushi list is growing, some of her favorite is Tamagoyaki sushi, Unagi sushi, Takohachi sushi, Inari to name a few. Recently she even claims that she starts to learn to eat prawn by eating the prawn tempura ( she doesn't like prawn before this) . Other that sushi she also likes some other Japanese food ( fried version) soft shell crabs, fried squid and tori karaage and udon. We always limit her to eat the fried food. I have let her try sashimi but she wouldn't touch.


For Heng Heng, he doesn't fancy sushi at all. He only eats very little when we dine in sushi or Japanese restaurant. So we have to force him to eat more. He likes seaweed more than the sushi only :(


But he likes mochi.

Yeah, he also likes cawanmushi.

Heng Heng is eating seaweed.

The sushi girl.

She eats a lot! She eats at least 3-4 plates sushi ( of her favorite kind of sushi) .

She also learn to use chopsticks now :) 

I am a Japanese food lover too. I only started to like sushi and sashimi at the age of 20 something.... I did eat Japanese food very frequent during my two pregnancies. So I think Yan Yan inherits from me.

19 comments:

Little Kit Boy said...

Yan Yan really a sushi girl. very seldom kids at Yan Yan age loves sushi so much. So next time sure no problem going to Japan for holiday.

While Heng Heng, just give him some time, slowly he will loves sushi just like his sister.

アンゼエリン said...

Same here, I also used to sushi and sashimi around that age too. My first pregnancy, dun dare to touch sashimi, especially salmon. But during this second pregnancy, I've been to Japanese restaurant quite frequently...hahaha...just remind myself not to over eat tat's all!
Yan Yan so happy while eating sushi....

MeRy said...

I love sushi too..but not those raw one.

Sheoh Yan said...

My two girls love sushi too, now we are looking forwards to Sushi King Bonanza RM2 each.

Mummy Gwen said...

Wah..Yan Yan has a big appetite. Good lah. Gwen eats sushi but not much. She loves raw salmon. -_-

ChloeRuoyi said...

Chloe loves sushi too. Next time we can go enjoy sushi together :)

prince n princess mum said...

Who can resist sushi!~ So yummy!

Alice Law said...

Wow, your kids sure enjoy japanese cuisine, like mother like kids! Yan Yan so pannai, accept almost all the variety of delish jap food!

Vickylow said...

Yeah I love Japanese food too, my favourite.

Merryn said...

I love sushi too! Good taste Yan Yan :D

Wah.. so clever can use chopstick!

Yee Ling said...

I love mochi too....I can wallop up to 6 pcs at a time...**small one la** LOL!!

Uncle Lee said...

Hi mummy, how you doin'?
Really cute kids you have there. Glad to see they enjoy Japanese food.
As for me Japanese food not in my list of foods to eat...
ha ha.
Have a nice day.
Lee.

Serene said...

Wah.. good lah, can bring them eat Jap buffett together! I love Jap food, but not so into Sushi, cos very fulfiling :)

Mummy Moon said...

Sheoh Yan, I have heard so much about the bonanza promo fr Sushi King but yet to try before, must be very long queue..

Mummy Gwen, Gwen so pandai makan, raw salmon is my favorite but Yan Yan just does not want to give it a try.

ChloeRuoyi, yes yes, we go eat sushi one day... ajak mummy Gwen also since Gwen also likes Jap food :)

Mummy Moon said...

Vicky Low, Merryn, high five x2 !!

Mummy Moon said...

Yee ling, I dont like Mochi one, heheh, here only Heng Heng likes it :)

Mummy Moon said...

Uncle Lee, thanks for dropping by.

Mummy Moon said...

Serene, yeah I think Yan Yan can eat more than what we paid for her in buffet, haha..

Sushi quite fullfilling hor, we dont eat that much sushi when come sto eating buffet, tehre are so much food to eat.. And Yan yan sometimes is smart, she eats all the great part and left the sushi rice for me :(

Annie Q said...

I am a Jap food lover too, but not my two boys. :( That's why when i go out with them, we hardly had Jap food. Now slowly they can accept tamago sushi, usually when we eat at Jap restaurant, i will order rice and chawan mushi for them.