Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What We Have Cooked




Okay, I just saw Chloe's mummy comment : Quickly show and tell !! For those who had missed what we are doing, read the previous post here.

So now I reveal the answer :P The vege that we bought was mustard green.

To cook this, we need some more ingredients.

Asam keping and cili kering

'Siao Zhu Guak' ( roasted pork bone and skin worth RM10 )
I have to remove all those blackie part on the skin first.

Hubby washed everything and threw into the pot. Then add in the roasted pork bone. Honestly, I am really pleased to have a hubby that love to cook though he only cook once in a while :P

Halfway cooking it. Guess what, the moment I opened the pot cover, a very strong mustard smell came out of the pot, haha! It was like wasabi smell.

It was cooked for like few hours, until you see the vege like 'hum choy' .. That is why many people don't know how the actual vege looks like though they might have try this dish before....

Tada, the 'sour vege' ( what I normally call) ! It was very yummy although it might not appear so ! We brought the whole pot to in law's house and shared with all of them. Because of rushing to go out, I didnt take pic of the food we cooked until we were at my in law house, halfway eating and I only remembered I need to snap a pic! Sorry this photo is a bit blur ( taken with my hp )

13 comments:

Alice Law said...

Ohhh.... this is definitely my favourite, we call it ' Dua Chai' in Hokkien! Yummy~!

MommyAngel said...

Oh ... that's a very nice dish! Can eat few bowls of rice with that alone!!!

Oh ya, saw your emails from facebook in my hotmail but I can't access facebook again here in Shanghai. Anyway, my email add is carolinegoh[at]hotmail[dot]com

Small Kucing said...

Yes! very yummy. I like to cook a big pot and eat for at least 3 days. My favourite dish also.

Ya agree with Mommy Angel. Can eat a few bowl of rice with this dish alone.

Btw, if you eat duck, try throw in roast duck neck, wings and bone pieces into it. Very tasty also

Ann said...

YUMMY !!!

ChloeRuoyi said...

Oooh it's this yummy dish. Haven't eaten this in a very, very long time. Looks so easy to cook.. just dump everything into the pot!

mommy to chumsy said...

Mmm...now you are making my mouth water :D

litlstrawberry said...

It seems easy to do ..... and ah, I love anything spicy!!!! ^^

anney said...

Looks yummy!I'll be busy in the coming days so I'd like to greet you in advance. Merry Christmas to you and your family! God Bless!

K-Baby said...

Hi Mommy,
Let's win cute slogan tees for your kids in conjunction with our blog launch!
mykedaibaby.blogspot.com

MeRy said...

Not bad la.....looks yummy.

Mummy Gwen said...

I was right! My mum cooks the best sour vege. Too bad I don't know where to get this vege here in JKT.

Jobless Girl said...

Sour Vegi.. It is so nice if you eat with rice.

Sheoh Yan said...

This is my favourite dish also. My MIL used to cook it. I love drinking the soup.