Sunday, August 29, 2010

Heng Heng Can Write

Heng Heng loves to read but he can't really write.. I know, I know.. At this age, he could not be able to write or hold the pencils properly, it is just to early for him to write. Somehow, when he sees the sister writes, he sure wants to follow... I would say he likes to follow what Yan Yan's does. Let's see what he can write at the age of 2.5 years old.

Heng Heng's hand writing.. Pretty nice huh?


Hehe, he was actually tracing the letters and numbers from the stencil. I have forgot if this stencil belongs to me and hubby. But at once Heng Heng was hooked by this stencil and he wants to write using the stencil like what Yan Yan is doing . He could not hold the stencil and write. I have came out with an idea to stick the stencil on the A4 paper so he can trace the words freely.. He wrote with his left hand again hence I corrected him..

He used right hand after I have corrected him..

Few seconds later he used back his left hand...

I always catch him holding the pencil or spoon with his left hands.. People ask me if my son if left handed.. I really have no idea. I have do my part to try to correct him .. But Pa Pa says it is fine if Heng Heng wants to write with his left hands. Pa Pa even thinks it is good if Heng Heng can write with both hands. So what do you think? Is it fine for you if you see your kids is writing with left hand. Do we need to correct them since they are still young.

11 comments:

MeRy said...

It is fine to be a left handed...when Ryan was young, he used to hold things with his left hand,but I corrected it all the time.Now, he is right handed.Of course, sometimes, when he saw his daddy used left hand to eat,then he will want to try out too...as his daddy is a left handed.

Uncle Lee said...

Hi Mummy Moon, I guess kids will always either imitate or copy their brothers or sisters.
It's good he learning to write.
Give him lots of encouragement. Let him or ask him to copy from kids writing book stories.

My youngest son too was left handed....and I kept changing him to use his right. He till 6 uses his left, I kept getting him back to right.

It worked. Today he's right handed.
And has a degree in Aerospace Engineering as well degree in Robotics, works for a well known American plane manufacturing company in US.

And people say when father's smoke, children will too. Both my 2 sons don't smoke.
You have a nice day, best regards, Lee.

ps, incidentally, I would buy him comics, books on aeroplane, as well those tool kits for kids, meccano sets, and those model planes you have to join together with glue. He loves planes.....
It worked too, ha ha. He a plane engineer.

Mummy Gwen said...

I think I will encourage him to use right hand lor. I thought Heng Heng can write already..haha..Gwen still cannot write very well.

Merryn said...

look at the way he painted during ParenThots lah.. BOTH hands :P

ppl say left handed are more creative :D but try to correct him first, if kenot nasib lah..

lefty finds it more difficult when it comes to manuscript writing.. and sometimes even cutting using scissors oso difficult.. or using the peeler..

n u know how inconvenient to makan during chinese wedding dinner? can langgar the right handed person next to us.. hahahha....

but all in all.. no worries lah.. left or right.. heng heng is smart :D

Ann said...

I think it depends if he is left handed or not kua. I guess no harm learning to use both hands.

smallkucing said...

using left hand is okay what. Means he is very good in Maths :D

Pete said...

Clever leh, your kids got good motor skills!

安琪琳@Angeline said...

Hi, my son Calvin oso the same. Later used right hand, then later on used his left hand to write. I've been trying to correct him...but it seems like his left hand is much more stronger than the right one! I still prefer he used his right hand!

Irene said...

very nice wor! tracing pun cantik. hehe!

ChloeRuoyi said...

He can trace very well! I still prefer a right-hander lah.. I kept correcting Chloe last time too. Now she's ok with using her right hand.

ladyyjae said...

good job heng heng!!! its the first step to teach kids how to write horr?? proud of him lah.

have a fabulous day!!!
jen @ www.charmoflife.ca