Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Update on Yan Yan's constipation

After I post about the difficult pooping incident , I have got some remedies recommended by experience mummies out there. I wanted to give Yan Yan try on prune juice since it works on so many of them.

I bought a bottle of Sunsweet prune juice a week ago. I have not try the prune juice before hence I took a few sips before letting Yan Yan tried on it. Oh, I am not so prefer the taste, I am so worry on my Yan Yan, the picky eater will like it or not. Anyhow I have gave her a first try. I served it in a small glass with 2 straws for her. I just hope she will intrigued by drinking with the straws.
Amazingly she likes it, finished the whole small glass. I give her a small glass of prune juice everyday. The prune juice really works on her, she can poo poo easily now and the stools no longer that hard and dry. The poo poo is like a piece of art work for Yan Yan. She will take a look on her potty every time she finishes her poo poo. She will laugh at her poo poo when she sees the poo poo look alike some shapes. Previously she says her poo poo looks like grapes but now she says her poo poo looks like banana!

I also change her diet, let her eat more vegetables and fruits and of course drink more water. She still doesn't like to eat vegetables, once she sees the vegetables in her feeding spoon, she sure wants me to dig out the vegetables. I tell her vegetables is good to help her poo poo easily and for sometimes she can accept to eat vegetables.


13 comments:

MommyAngel said...

I am glad that your girl likes the prune juice now :) Go on slowly, if keep offering her the vege, she will try to accept it one day :) GOod luch ya!

Irene said...

i think tis will work leh. i remembered taking this once, non stop goin to toilet, omg! that's just me lar :)

Merryn said...

wow.. sunsweet prune juice really works wonders eh? must bare this in mind in case i'll need it in da future.. yan yan is admiring her stools??? hahahhahahah.. she has nothing better to do kah? :P

Mommy to Chumsy said...

hahhahaha....she is such a funny gal and laughed at her poo poo. glad to hear that prune juice helps. now that she is no longer constipating, you could give it to her on alternate days. i don't know about yan yan but with ashley, when she had the juice everyday, her poo poo became kinda watery so i stopped :)

Anney said...

hehehe! Yan yan is funny! Good thing she is now ok and no more hard poo poo.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Yeh! The po poo has changed from grape to banana shape. The prune juice really worked on Yan Yan. Keep it up!

Ann said...

hahaha...Thank God she is alright with the prune juice! :)

Banana poo is sure better than grape poo!

Jess said...

Dragon fruit good for constipation too!

Fr Jess
http://kidsislands.blogspot.com/

Mummy Gwen said...

I don't quite like the prune juice taste either..haha. But Gwen seemed ok with it. Glad to know Yan Yan constipation prob is solved now. :)

Lemonjude said...

So good, it works on her...and glad that she slowly accept vege too...do continue the prune juice if she likes it..

slavemom said...

Seems like prune juice is vy effective. Heard many 'success' stories abt it edi. Glad that Yan Yan's no longer constipated n she's taking in more vege n fruits.

Kristie said...

that's great!!!! i also solved jayden's constipation problem... thank God!

Serene said...

Oh, she described her poo as banana?? thats superb cute! Glad that her constipation problem solved!!