Monday, March 23, 2009

A Fruitful Sunday

Before I blog about our fruitful Sunday, I would like to jot down what I did 3 days ago... Yeah, I did my preparation ( marinate the meat ) for this dish, crispy roasted pork! I get to know the recipe from MommyAngel . Huh, my hubby and Yan Yan love this dish very much. The steps to prepare the dish are easy, hence I want to give myself a try, hehe, I only love to cook dish that is simple to prepare but delicious. Remember this roasted pork need to be marinated for 3 days. I think this could be the secret to get the crispy 'effect' .

Today, after the housechores, I started to roast the pork ( only roast half piece ) with my bread toaster. I do not have an oven at home, so can only roast the pork with the toaster. But the outcome is superb! I got the most crispy roasted pork in the world! Huh, Huh, so excited!


After cleaning and packing, it was the time to go to visit my second sister. Yan Yan was tagged with me, while Heng Heng was at my MIL.

I brought along so many stuff with me, the uncook meat, the halfway making of Yan Yan's tutu skirt...

I finished making the tutu skirt at my sister's house. Yeah, I like it! It is a cute handmade tutu skirt. Much more it is so easy to make, I learn it from anney .

An outdoor photo session on Yan Yan's first tutu skirt.


These 2 photo were only the beginning, she is cool enough! Hehe, she is in good mood but just not warm up yet! Check out my photo on my princess...








In the evening, another round of roasting the pork...


Delicious! Everyone loves the roasted pork!


My sister also prepared a dish to match my crispy roasted pork! She made this, barbeque pork.

While waiting for the dinner to be served, we played with the hamsters. Guess what, the mummy hamster is having its confinement month. Yeah, it has just gave birth to 10 babies a week ago. It is actually the second pregnancy, the first time was happened during the Chinese New Year.
Mummy and babies are placed in the small cage, while papa and the 2 kids ( got from the first pregnancy ) are in the big cage.

Take a closer look at the new born babies... 7 out of 10 have say bye bye to the mother, now left only 3 babies... they look really small.

Mummy and the babies.

This is the papa
Yan Yan and her cousin sister.

27 comments:

MommyAngel said...

Oh my, congrats on your roasted pork!! BTW, you only use fork to poke the meat?? Can poke through ah???? SO keng!!!

The tutu skirt is so nice. I have seen it from Anney's blog too but still didn't manage to get the cloth to make it la. The skirt you make is extremely beautiful and the colour is so nice! Your Yan Yan looks like a princess in it :) So roughly how much have you spend to make this piece of skirt?

A gift from God said...

Wow.... can share your recipe with me? I am dying to make my own roast pork!!! I went to the blog that has the recipe but it's in Chinese. I am a banana so can't read! :)

Can share??

Mommy to Chumsy said...

wow, good job on the roasted pork. sure looks delicious. i like yan yan's tutu too. so pretty and she looks cute wearing it :)

2ma said...

congrats on your 1st attempt on the roasted pork & also yan yan's tutu skirt! well done!!!

Fussy mum said...

Wow, that's surely a delicious looking piece of roast pork!! Yum, yum :)

Ping said...

Cute tutu skirt , mummy really clever can make tutu skirt for your little girl :)

The roasted pork look delicious. Yummy! Yummy!

agnes said...

what a fruitful Sunday..

tutu skirt so cute!!

LittleLamb said...

i want the recipe in English can ar? I want to do siew yuk... n since u said use toaster also can..n i like it...easy recipe but must be nice..

email me.. thanks

vickylow said...

Oh your crispy roasted pork look tempting. Well done to your DIY tutu, very cute and yet cheaper to buy online haha

Merryn said...

i like da rotating oven.. looks so cool! can i roast chicken with that recipe instead? my family's not a fan of pork ler.. n u can translate the recipe to english kah?

i wanna make a tutu for ethan too!!!! looks so cute on yan yan.. :D

Kristie said...

wow lovely sunday!!! so much stuffs done... the toaster looks really cute, never seen anything like that before.

Good that ur roast pork is a success! the charsiew looks so yummy too.... i want!!!!

the tutu is cute and yan yan looks like a princess!

btw, hamsters produce very fast one hehhe...

Mummy Moon said...

Oh, so many of you are craving on this roasted pork dish... I shall post about the recipe for you guys very soon. Do check back :)

Angeline said...

first it was "Ooooo Yummy", then it was "sooooo pretty" and finally "Sooooo cute"...
What a Sunday!!!
Seriously, I never knew we could roast pork at home... must try!

I'm surprised that your girl didn't feel ticklish in that tutu skirt....

Anney said...

The roasted pork looks so yummy! I'll look forward to the recipe. I wonder what you use for the marinade. By the way, Yan Yan looks so cute in her tutu! Love the color, it looks good on her. Make her different colors. hehehe! That's also what I'm doing for my nieces.

the little prince said...

Wow..looks so yummy yummy the roasted...can wait to see your recipe!!

Your rotating oven so cute, can roast chicken too!!

Yan Yan looks so cute on the tutu skirt...Hope to see she wear it on special occasion where you can make her look like real princess then!!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

The roasted pork looked exactly like those sell at outside. Great job to you.

Besides, the oven is so cute. This is the first time I see such a shape oven.

You very geng! Even make a nice skirt for Yan Yan. She must be happy wearing it.

Your sis also good in cooking ya. Her bbq pork looked nice too.

I saw the baby hamster. It is same as baby rabbit.

Mummy Gwen said...

So many activities on that day. Wah..your roasted pork looks really yummy. You got talent in making dresses lah. The tutu skirt looks really pretty. Good job. :)

Lybil said...

Wow, you make me drool over your crispy roasted pork!!! 100% homemade! Gonna make one day soon :)

cheers,
HN
http://lybil1.free.fr

slavemom said...

I love roasted pork, esp those with vy crispy skin. Normally I pack home from outside, so the skin's not so crispy anymore by the time I eat.
Yan Yan's tutu is vy striking. Cute!

FAD MOM said...

cool day you had... nice crispy roast pork.

the tutu looks very nice.. i want to try one for my girl too..

oh and that cute oven of yours... i've not used such an oven..cool

constance of almanacqueen

Sasha said...

ahh i saw the roasted pork recipe before and it looks real easy to do but gotto wait 3 days only can eat. We used tohave hamsters at home too and they breed and breed real easy and at last we gotto sell it to the pet shop :|

Esmeralda said...

Oh... the tutu looks great on Yan Yan.. and gosh... only now I saw Yan Yan's pretty big round eyes! So pretty!

Wow... roasted pork... yummy... I'm still pondering whether to do this or not....

Wonderful Life said...

Aww... she's adorable wearing the tutu!!

Angeleyes said...

Hmm... I am curious with that round oven you used for the roasted pork! Have not seen anything like that before... did you get it from oversea??? :P

Lemonjude said...

Your weekend is fun filled with food...the roasted pork really so tempting la..now I recall my mum got a bread toaster..but need to double confirm first...if got then I can try make this..

Yan Yan tutu dress is nice la..great job from you...makes her like a little angel..

Mummy Moon said...

MommyAngel, Actually is hard to poke the skin with fork, but no choice, I can't find anything else. The cloth was given by my sis, so didn't spend any money :)

Angeleyes, That rotating oven was a house warming gift from a closed relative. I hardly use it so I have pass it to my sis.

4MalMal said...

wow the roasted pork looks really yummy! I tried once but it was such a failure! can't wait for your recipe!